I have married a person with children from another parent; is there any benefit to my legally adopting these children?

Yes. If it makes sense to adopt the children, you would replace the other parent on the birth certificate. This change would confer on you all of the same parental rights and obligations as if the child or children had been born to you. If the other parent is deceased or consents, adoption can be a relatively straightforward process, although complications may arise. We can help you explore your adoption options.

Sarah M. Litowich's Profile Image
Salem family law attorney Sarah M. Litowich is an Oregonian through and through, with roots in rural eastern Oregon and the Willamette Valley. She is grateful for these deep Oregon roots because she learned the value of hard work and building and mai… Read More

Meet Our Whole Team

Contact Us Confidentially

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.